July 18, 2014

Wisconsin 1848...

I spent some time yesterday checking out the patterns for two of the kits I
purchased from Primitive Gatherings when I was out with Kathy last week.

I needed to see what I might have to purchase to work on one (or both) of them
while we're still in Wisconsin. (I found that I do have to get some Heat n' Bond.)

I think it might be fun and appropriate to work on this kit while we're here.
It's the 2014 "Wisconsin Quilt Shop Hop Quilt". (Click on the title. It's a link.)
I saw this small quilt made up and knew it had to come home with me. There are 
Primitive Gatherings' equivalent of "thangles" in the kit to create the half-square
 triangles. Just look at the fabrics they chose to create the them! So much fun.
 I also love the wools that are in this kit. The wool work applique' will be stitched 
onto the beige-patterned fabric behind my watermark. This is going to be fun!  
Darn! All my Valdani, DMC, Anchor and overdyed perle cottons are at home.
I might have to pick up just a few more while I'm away!
  The other (another) kit I purchased is this flag pincushion. I know. I need another 
pincushion like a moose needs a hat rack. But, this one is patriotic...and colorful...and
 wool...and did I say, patriotic and wool...and colorful? See the measurements? 4" x 10"
finished. I'm going to fill mine with crushed walnut shells, so it's going to say put, too!
These are the wools that were included in the kit. There are cottons, too and
they're just as prim as can be. Once I stitch this one up, I'll take it home to fill.
 
Hope you have a fun weekend planned. More time with family for us...
and perhaps just a little more shopping. I couldn't possibly comment!
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Wow...nice kits! Sounds like you are having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little in the tiniest letters didn't escape my eyes! With your fabulous new kits I think some "Retail Therapy" is definitely in order. With needle and thread in your hands you never sit idle but instead create the most beautiful stitched pieces to treasure. Saturday Satisfaction Dear...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna