September 16, 2014

Look What I Made...

I'm homeward bound around noon today, and I'd say it's been a great success.

In addition to all the fun I had with friends, old and new, I finished two
projects and got mostly finished on a third. I'm so happy with my trip results.
I showed you my first finished project on Monday, and these are the other two.
My Autumn Acorn Pincushion was a quick and simple project. If you'd like
to make your own, the kit is available HERE. It comes with all the supplies, 
and a set of five special stick pins. I only stuck two in my acorn, but you can see 
all five of them in the kit photograph on their website. I know I'll make more.
I already showed you these jelly roll fabrics I chose to use in our group project.

I'll show you photos of some of the other quilt tops created by the ladies I spent
the last few days with in tomorrow's post. Today, I'll just show you mine so far.
I like the size of this, but I want to make it just a bit bigger. I've decided that
I'm going to add a thin red border all the way around, and then make a
piano key border with more of the ivory and tan fabrics to finish up the top.
Tomorrow I'll share my final thoughts from the retreat, along with more photos.

Today, I'll be back with Handsome and The Corgi. Retreats are great fun,
but it's always great to get home again. Time to pack up and head south.

See you again tomorrow, my friends!
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Love both the acorn and the quilt. The quilt makes me think of strawberries and cream or strawberry cheesecake. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That acorn is great. I love the jelly roll quilt too. I am searching for a pattern to use for a jelly roll I purchased a while back. I really like the idea of the red border along with a piano key border. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very productive time for you, I see. LOVE the acorn and the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being gone again I missed your daily posts however I am trying to catch up. I love each of your projects you stitched at retreat. Fabulous acorn! Creative Retreat Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that pin cushion, it's adorable! The quilt is going to be so pretty, hope to see some pictures of the finished product Donna! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a gorgeous pin cushion-and the stick pins!! Lovely quilt top, the colors remind me of a peppermint candy. :D XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna