October 21, 2014

Done And Donated...

I thought you might like to see the second doll quilt I created for our guild
charity effort. Each year we create quilts for three different causes. We make
quilts for local Hospice groups, Headstart quilts for children and doll quilts
that are donated to the Salvation Army Toys for Tots program. These little
quilts are given with the dolls that the Salvation Army hands out for Christmas.

I made this quilt using vintage chenille on one side and a fishy fabric called
"Mermania" by Lorelei Designs. I love these fish. While I have more of the
chenille, I used all the "Mermania" fabric I had on this little quilt. Soft and sweet.
  Each quilt measures 24" square...just perfect for wrapping up a favorite dolly.
I've called this one "Fish Bowl" because of the fabric oval I appliqued' to the
striped chenille side. I think that actually makes this quilt reversible. I did a
simple meander to sandwich the fabrics and batting together. Done and donated!

Today, I'll be in Ft. Myers with our friend, Ellen, as she undergoes eye surgery.
Prayers for steady hands for her surgeon and complete healing for her would
be greatly appreciated. I'll be there all day, so no time in the studio 'til later.
 
Have a blessed Wednesday, my friends. See you tomorrow.
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Sweet dolly quilt! Pray your friend's eye surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet...I can feel the softness even through the picture. Lucky little lady will enjoy this. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mermania fish are uber cute. The vintage chenille is cozy and sweet. How very generous of you and your guild. Prayers and Healing Energy for Ellen. I am reading this late as was all day driving and attending another funeral. Only 49 and very sad to lose her to cancer (colon). I am feeling blessed to be so tired and home safe. Hugs My Friend...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna