October 28, 2014

Family and The Fiber Divas...

Yesterday, Aunty Margaret, Uncle Dick and I headed over to Englewood Beach.
It was a perfect day for it, too, considering 88º, a lot of sunshine and a breeze.
As we walked from the parking lot out to the beach, I could hear my aunt
and uncle's reactions to their first view of the Gulf of Mexico. I smiled.
They've been married over fifty years, but they still hold hands. They're such an
inspiration to their children and the rest of our family. We all had a great time.
In the evening, Aunty Margaret joined the Fiber Divas at Paneras. I offered my
work-in-progress, organic cotton shawl for her to work on. Now I have some
of her handwork in it. She sat down and fit right in with our group and is now
an Honorary Fiber Diva!
She was kind enough to trade places with me to take a photo of me with the 
 group. (Note to self: When you're the tallest person in the group - by at least
a head - don't sit front and center in the picture! lol) Thanks, Aunty!

I'll finish up a commission this morning in the studio, and then we'll head
 out for a little "retail therapy". I'll share commission pictures tomorrow.
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Ocean Beach and how special to share it with your wonderful family. Holding hands is priceless. Fiber Divas you rock! Blissful Day Dear...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna