November 23, 2014

These Will Be So Sweet...

I have all my supplies and I'm ready to start. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a link to a previous post from last week that will explain. (Punkin Patterns "Sweet Tooth Pouches")  Don't worry. I haven't eaten all the contents of these two bags, but I did purchase confections that I love...just in case.

I took the bags apart, got out some iron-on vinyl, and chose zippers, leaving only one more decision. What to use for the linings?
I dipped into my fat quarter stash to choose fabrics that I thought would work with the designs on the candy bags. I chose dotted fabrics for the Tootsie Roll bag design. I haven't decided yet, but think I'm leaning toward the red and white.
I chose this "chocolate" fabric for the M & M's bag. After all, aren't these candies crunchy on the outside with melt-in-your-mouth chocolate on the inside? Who wouldn't love that?
 
This is my first Thanksgiving week project. A little something simple to get back into the studio. I'm thinking these would be great gifts for my Paneras girlfriends' gift exchange. I could make lots of different ones in a short amount of time and, because some of the ladies are knitters, others love to crochet and others yet like quilting, these could be the perfect solution for holding tools for their varied interests. 
 
What do you think?  Do you like this sweet solution?
(I could even put some of the actual candies into a little ziploc inside!)
DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:


  1. Very cute, and as you said, the perfect gift idea for your gal pals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,

    These are going to be so cute. Can't wait to see them finished. Love the lining!

    Hugs to you and Handsome II!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put those pouches on my list, but I am afraid it will be a long while before I get around to making one. Personally, I prefer the brown/white dots, but then, I lean toward brown in a lot of things (dog)...~grin~. But, the chocolate fabric...how fun is that!!! PERFECT!! Have fun with this project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you are going to get some unsolicited bags and bags of candy! :) these are really cute. How about jelly bean ones for your little girls Easter treats? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent choices dear. I love the red and white polka dot for Tootsie Rolls and the Chocolate fabric is perfect for the M&Ms. Great fun gift for your group of ladies. Sew Sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna