May 20, 2015

Meet Eighteen Year Old Angela Clayton...

Buzzfeed Image
Yesterday my friend, Roxane, shared a link to a Buzzfeed article about a young Long Island, NY woman named Angela Clayton. I was immediately taken with the images that accompanied the article. I learned that this eighteen year old created each and every masterpiece...much of it by hand...and an industrial machine. I was speechless.
Buzzfeed Image
Each project is more stunning than the last, and her workmanship is impeccable. She's self-taught and references books that she uses as jump-off points for her techniques.

I just knew that many of you would appreciate reading about this young woman and the stunning garments she creates.
Buzzfeed Image
If you'd like to read more about her and her projects, you can CLICK HERE to go to her blog, or HERE to subscribe to her YouTube channel (I did!). There are a lot more pictures to see, too. (As always, you can click on the images here and they will enlarge in another window.)

She shares her techniques, triumphs and throw-aways, and the knowledge she's acquired at her tender age. Many more mature seamstresses and needleworkers could learn from her. I know I will.
You're welcome. (wink)
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. oh my! What glorious period beauty. I can't wait to come back to this tonight when I have more time and read all about it. Thank you for sharing a link to a passion of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She clearly has a gift given by God to create such amazing works of fabric art. Oh to be...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What stunning work that young lady does and the patience!! Thank you for showing us her blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna