July 19, 2015

A Couple More Finished...

When I finish new pincushions (or other projects), I usually post them to my Brynwood Needleworks Facebook page before I write a blog post about them. Such was the case with my latest pincushions.
"With Love" Pincushion
This one is called "With Love" and is so feminine with the soft rose colors and vintage lace. I used a vintage jewelry finding for the sparkle embellishment, and then hand stitched the ruched ribbon as my last step.
Ruching always reminds me of icing on a cake. I think it's even more apparent when I use a white or pink ribbon. This is one of my favorite things to do...simply ruche and stitch and then, do some more.

I shared this one as my last post on Saturday evening after I finished it, and it sold Sunday morning. I have more of this fabric, so I'll make another and list it up in my Etsy shop when it's ready.
Pincushion - Pure Blue
I actually finished this one first on Saturday. I used Sweetwater's "Pure" fabrics on it, along with  vintage, white lace, and blue ribbon.
I used another vintage jewelry embellishment on it. There were beautiful aurora borealis beads in it. Lots of sparkle!
This one can be found in my Etsy shop. I'll be adding more this week, so if you want to see them before they're posted here, head over to my Brynwood Needleworks Facebook page.
Handsome and I spent the day with the dogs yesterday. We had another open house, which meant "vacating the premises". Our agent said multiple couples came to look around, and that's always a good thing.

Tag will be back tomorrow. It's hard to believe it's already been a week since you last heard from him. Where is the time going?
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. So pretty...such lovely work. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful. Elegant and functional...even though I would hate to stick a pin in it. It would make a lovely paperweight and stay safe from stabs. Come on home offers!!! Monday Morning Muse...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pinkeeps really are gorgeous. ;Love the fabrics and embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna