July 9, 2015

A Play Project...

A few months ago, I attended a product preview event at Crazy Quilters in Venice, Florida. Everyone who attended received a goodie bag. Inside mine (among other things) was a small kit with instructions to make tissue holders.

I came across the kit again when I was tidying up the studio, so I decided to sit right down and make it up. This first picture was the result, and it took all of 15 minutes to make - cutting, quilting and sewing!
My friend, Jacque A. over at The Doodles of My Mind blog loves making these, and now I understand the attraction. They're quick little projects that make a great add-on gift. I will definitely be making more in the future.
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. They're so cute. I know I have the pattern here, time to dig it up for a simple, practical little stocking stuffer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been making these forever...but without the quilting. Decades ago they were much more difficult with using single fold bias tape. Now with the lining becoming the "binding" they are simple and quick and fun. I made lots for gifts including in colors and fabrics for the men on my list. Yours are beautiful dear...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna