August 21, 2015

Dressed In Joy...

Brynwood Needleworks' "Dressed In Joy" Facebook Cover photo
Our satellite group for the Dress A Girl Around The World group has a new name. When I only thought that we'd make a drive for a single donation of one hundred dresses, it was easy to just call our group "Dress A Girl Around The World - Brynwood Needleworks", but man, that's too much work to tell people if you want to invite them to find us!
So, after talking with our Ambassador today and committing to an ongoing effort to make dresses as a group, I sat down to contemplate a new name. We are now "Dressed In Joy".

I created a new logo (of sorts), and changed up the title of our Facebook group to reflect our new identity. I thought it was appropriate, considering my word for 2015 is "Joy".

When that was finished, I set up a new page here on my blog. You can find a link to it along with the others up in the menu bar at the top. As new posts are written about our group, I'll add the links on the page, so you can find everything in one convenient place.

You'll also find direct links to the patterns and other useful information there, and you can find updated project deadlines and dress totals by going to the same place.
I'm planning to head to Orlando to our deliver dresses to our Ambassador on September 15th, so I'm going to include any dresses that arrive between now and then in our count. I've challenged the Facebook group to help get us to 200 dresses. (And to think I was nervous when I first asked for 100!) Of course, those who are not on Facebook and would like to make and send dresses would be equally appreciated.

Anyone in the state who would like to join me in Orlando on the 15th of September can contact me through the email link in my right sidebar. We'll have photographs taken when we turn in the dresses and I'd love to have some of the group participants there with me. Wouldn't that be fun?

So, please check out the new page, head over to the Facebook group and request to be added, or send me a note to let me know you'd like to meet up with me in Orlando. In the meantime, I'll be busy finishing up my dresses.
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Donna, you deserve a LARGE Attawoman! God bless you for your willingness to give a cup of cold water, to dress a little girl, then God bless you for doing just that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dresses for Joy is perfect! Joy for YOU and your vision of making our world a better place for all of us. I am so grateful for being able to participate and sew dresses for girls around the world. Somehow I just knew this would be ongoing. Creative JOYful Bliss...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna