August 11, 2015

One Hundred Forty Five...

Brynwood Needleworks - Beth A's Dresses
The last time I posted photos of our Dress A Girl Around the World project, we had reached 100 dresses.  The great news is that I'm still receiving more in the mail!
Brynwood Needleworks - Arleen G's Dresses
Generous volunteers continue to make and convey dresses. They're coming in the mail, being dropped off or being picked up.
Brynwood Needleworks - April B's Dresses
Two weeks in a row, guild or Nifty 50s friends have dropped off their lovely creations.  It's so much fun when someone tells me that they're sending dresses so I know to watch for them.
Brynwood Needleworks - Susie and Pat Dropping Off Their Dresses
Then, there are the times my friends drop by (Paneras, in this case) to personally add their dresses to our effort.
Brynwood Needleworks - DeeDee J's Dresses
Blog friends have joined in, and one of them - DeeDee of DeeDee's Craft Spot - mailed her dresses to me last week.
Brynwood Needleworks - Jill B's Dresses
The last I checked, I had forty one people on my list of talented and generous souls wanting to make and contribute dresses. I know that number is changing and I'll tell you about that in a minute. Let's look at more dresses first.
Brynwood Needleworks - Beth and Jerri Holding Jerri's Dresses
There are ladies that are learning to sew just so they can create dresses to donate! Jerri G. is one of those ladies, and she contributed twelve dresses at the last guild meeting.
Brynwood Needleworks -Karen F's Dresses
The dresses are arriving from near and far. Some came from California, and others from Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Alabama, Wisconsin...the lists goes on and on.
Brynwood Needleworks - Patricia H's Dresses
I said I know there are more dresses coming...and more people are joining the effort. I'm very excited to be traveling a couple of hours north on Friday.
 
One of the ladies in the group, Linda S., asked people who live in her subdivision to join our project. She's having a meeting with all of them. She said fifteen ladies have confirmed that they'll be attending - and they're all bringing finished dresses with them!
 
I'm going to join them for their meeting to thank them for their effort, and to explain a little more about the project. I'm also taking one of our Humanitarian Dolls for them to see. 

Fifteen more dresses will put us at 160!! Do I even dare to hope that we'll be able to reach two hundred dresses for this effort? There's still time.
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. This project is so very heartwarming and shows how much people come together to achieve such a worthy cause. It takes a village and Donna you are such a wonderful cheerleader and organizer. Thank You and each of your many participants. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be thrilled with the dresses that are coming in. Thanks for spearheading this project Donna. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna