November 8, 2015

Strike Up The Band...

Brynwood Needleworks - Handsome's Grover Snare Drum
Handsome's first band concert was yesterday afternoon. We spent a delightful afternoon together...he, onstage and me in the audience. Suncoast Concert Band's first concert of the year is always patriotic in honor of Veteran's Day and all those who have or are serving in our armed forces.

The band played to a sold-out and enthusiastic audience. The music began with our National Anthem and ended with America, with marches and other favorites in between. It was a perfect day to spend a Sunday afternoon, and a great start to our music season.

We'll have more of the same this evening, when he performs with the Venice Concert Band for their first concert. I haven't heard them yet, so I'm looking forward to their program.
Brynwood Needleworks - Challenge Embroidery
In my "non-music" time last weekend, (of course) I was working on my challenge piece. If I want to have this finished in time, I'd better FOCUS. If you're looking for me, you know where I'll be...when I'm not applauding my husband.
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Music is the universal language and I love listening to music. How glorious to be able to applaud Handsome. Focus is what I am trying to do with making lists and getting organized so I am able to also enjoy this hectic crazy holiday season. Blissful stitching...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna